Tighten Up (Your Wallet)
Summer is here. Regardless of your occupation, this is usually the time we spend more money outside of holiday season. Vacations, new bathing suits, happy hours…you name it! So many of us have been on diets to get in shape and prepare ourselves for the beach and BBQ’s this season. However, although we may not always do it–your 20’s and 30’s should be all about saving money. Here are some tips on going on a different kind of cleanse I like to call, The Financial Diet.
I dare you to go on a 90 day challenge.
The whole season. June-August. Follow these 5 steps and see how much weight (off your shoulders) you’ve lost.
- Focus on paying off short term debt. Credit card debt and personal loans need to go. Pay them down and get out.
- Cut the fat. Get rid of the non-necessities. Hair? Lashes? Nails? Cut off your professionals. Go natural. Tan outside, you know…where the sun is.
- Meal prep. Go to Trader Joe’s or an affordable healthy food store and get ready for the week. Give yourself a budget. Helpful hint: brew your own coffee, and DON’T use any food delivery apps.
- Get creative. Its summer and you obviously want to have fun! You totally can without breaking the bank. Going on a date? Get creative on how to do it under a budget or better yet, do something outside for free. Birthdays? Music Festivals? Simply going out? No problem. There are other ways to celebrate than spending money, and if you must come out of the pocket just do it wisely.
- Save that money!! Get addicted to it. Saving is a game. Pay yourself in a savings account for every dollar you were about to spend on something else.
Hey–this is just a 90 day diet. You got this! You’re going to look so damn hot in green ♥