MF 2017 is Coming
1. the action of solving a problem, dispute, or contentious matter. “the peaceful resolution of all disputes”
- solution to, answer to, end to, ending to, settlement of, conclusion to “a satisfactory resolution of the problem”
So what did you decide has “potential for improvement” as your manager would call any area of weakness ? For most of us, except you Gigi Hadid, it’s the shape we’re in whether physical, mental, or “hold the phone I spent how much at brunch?!”- Fiscal. And honestly we could all be hot AF if we gave a few more ?’s to eat healthy, drink more water, and work out like we’re preparing to date Leonardo DiCaprio for the longest 14 months of his romantic life.
So really, what is your resolution to 2017? That may be a problem for future you, but for all of us here at AFB (which truthfully is simply me) “we” want to have more fun, make way more money, and give less f**ks about the things that stress us (me) out. Screw you iPhone updates. Eff off all my friends on Venmo that are holding me to the time I said I’d pay for their trip to Croatia when I was drunk happy. Listen, I have goals like a real adult too. So I’m gonna lay down the 10 best 2017 New Years resolutions, amongst other goals
- Run like a Flock of Seagulls has asked you to be the athlete on the cover flyer for their 2020 reunion tour. Running is the new not running.
- Drink more water than alcohol. Listen, it’s not like I’m drinking a fifth of bourbon daily and depend on any ice I decide to add to get my daily h2o intake, but how often are you drinking water when you’re at a bar drinking? I want to drink so much water that my skin literally spells out thank you in my freckles.
- Be less defensive. I’m really not sure why I got so heated when you accused me of coming into work hung over when I wasn’t, I just didn’t like that you assumed I would do that. I’m also not saying I wasn’t hung over, but no one likes a Judgy Judy. But who gives a truck if you think something about me. If it isn’t true, then it shouldn’t bother me. Note to self: give less ?’s. Second note to self: don’t be the girl people think are hung over at work, maybe wear more smiles. I have sleep issues guys, I always look hung over.
- Travel more. I just want to see more places. 2017 is looking like an Austin, Nashville, Portland, and Japan kind of year. Also the gym. I’d like to travel to there more often.
- Learn a new language fluently. I won’t say which one, but I feel like for perhaps even political reasons learning certain languages maybe a good idea. Eventually I’d like to know what my nail technician really thinks about my cuticles when she smiles and then talks to her friend.
- Focus on SAVING. I want enough money in my savings account that buying a home will be a cute thing I could choose to do on a Thursday and still have money to celebrate with my friends. This may not happen in 2017, but the resolution is to FOCUS on it.
- Decide what my style is. A lot of you can’t really always see my wardrobe, but I’m often homeless chic to a Kennedy in a hot minute. Chanel had made a point in her life to stick to neutral colors such as Blue, White, Black, and Tans (it’s true, I read her book). 2017 will be a game changer for my closet.
- Pick up more hobbies. 2016 was a great year for me. I messed around with sky diving and loved doing improv –and the people I met were amazing. I have a huge respect and love for the memories made doing it.
- Look out for No.1. I am a huge friend and family advocate. I always will be, I’m a Leo. I gotsta focus on me though. I mean its really that time I make me a priority. Sorry folks. Also, not sorry.
- Do more happy. Be around more happy. This means letting go of the things that might be holding me back. Maybe I’ll finally move to San Francisco. I want to spend more time with people that complain less, and enjoy culture. I want MORE.
I’ve said this before, and this won’t be the last time I say it again… Adulting is hard. I mean you can really try to avoid becoming an adult, but age and maturity don’t mean the same thing. So all the haters in the web that think millennials need to stop calling adulting hard or using it as a word, giddy up. It’s a real thing and we’re not going anywhere. AFB is here if anyone tells you differently.
Some advice, stay away from the cheap champagne, unless you’re okay with starting the new year nursing a nasty hang-over.
Have a safe, have a fun, have a f**king stress-less New Year’s Eve. Whatever you do, do it your way. Good things are coming. Stay fun, adult slowly. Thank you for a wonderful 2016 you beginners. We got this!